• Encourages preservation initiatives by member organizations.
• Informs the public of preservation activities.
• Exchanges information regarding programs.
• Promotes public awareness of Sarasota County’s historical and archaeological resources.
• Develops programs to showcase the value of preserving our area’s heritage.
Coalition Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (September-June, excluding January) at 4:00pm at Historic Spanish Point. Each member organization is expected to send a representative to the meetings and provide updates on their programs and activities. Dues are to be paid yearly in order to maintain voting rights. The public is welcome to observe, but space is limited.
Sarasota County turns 100 in 2021!
HPCsc is measuring the health of historic preservation in Sarasota County in preparation for the centennial. We are creating a comprehensive list to know who is preserving and telling our history. Please help us by completing