ABOUT THE COALITION
Founded in the early 2000s, the History & Preservation Coalition is a group of non-profit organizations and government agencies in Sarasota County which are committed to historic preservation and education.
WE STRIVE TO
- Encourage preservation programs undertaken by member organizations.
- Inform members and the public of preservation activities.
- Exchange information regarding programs and issues.
- Promote public awareness of Sarasota County’s historical and archaeological resources.
- Develop programs to inform the public of the importance and value of preserving our area’s heritage.
The Members of the History & Preservation Coalition of Sarasota County actively preserve the county’s archaeological, architectural, social, and cultural heritage.
MEET THE COALITION MEMBERS
Coalition Member Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (October-June, ) at 4:00pm at Historic Spanish Point.
HPCsc OFFICERS: CHAIR – Harry Klinkhamer • VICE CHAIR – Dr. Frank Cassell • TREASURER – Dorothy Korwek • COMMUNICATIONS SECRETARY – Laura Dean