ABOUT THE COALITION
Founded in the early 2000s, the History & Preservation Coalition is a group of non-profit organizations and government agencies in Sarasota County which are committed to historic preservation and education.
WE STRIVE TO
- Encourage preservation programs undertaken by member organizations.
- Inform members and the public of preservation activities.
- Exchange information regarding programs and issues.
- Promote public awareness of Sarasota County’s historical and archaeological resources.
- Develop programs to inform the public of the importance and value of preserving our area’s heritage.
Sarasota County turns 100 in 2021!
HPCsc is measuring the health of preserving history in Sarasota County in preparation for the centennial. We currently have no definitive list to know who is preserving and telling our history.
Please help us by completing this survey
MEET THE COALITION MEMBERS
The Members of the History & Preservation Coalition of Sarasota County actively preserve the county’s archaeological, architectural, social, and cultural heritage.
Coalition Member Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (September-June, excluding January) at 4:00pm at Historic Spanish Point.
CHAIR - Harry Klinkhamer • VICE CHAIR - Dr. Frank Cassell • TREASURER - Dorothy Korwek • COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Laura Dean • RECORDING SECRETARY - Betty Intagliata