ABOUT THE COALITION
Founded in the early 2000s, the History & Preservation Coalition is a group of non-profit organizations and government agencies in Sarasota County which are committed to historic preservation and education.
WE STRIVE TO
- Encourage preservation programs undertaken by member organizations.
- Inform members and the public of preservation activities.
- Exchange information regarding programs and issues.
- Promote public awareness of Sarasota County’s historical and archaeological resources.
- Develop programs to inform the public of the importance and value of preserving our area’s heritage.
MEET THE COALITION MEMBERS
The Members of the History & Preservation Coalition of Sarasota County actively preserve the county’s archaeological, architectural, social, and cultural heritage.
Coalition Member Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (October-June, excluding January) at 4:00pm at Historic Spanish Point.
CHAIR - Harry Klinkhamer • VICE CHAIR - Dr. Frank Cassell • TREASURER - Dorothy Korwek • COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Laura Dean • RECORDING SECRETARY - Betty Intagliata