• Encourages preservation initiatives by member organizations.
• Informs the public of preservation activities.
• Exchanges information regarding programs.
• Promotes public awareness of Sarasota County’s historical and archaeological resources.
• Develops programs to showcase the value of preserving our area’s heritage.
Coalition Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (September-June, excluding January) at 4:00pm at Historic Spanish Point. Each member organization is expected to send a representative to the meetings and provide updates on their programs and activities. Dues are to be paid yearly in order to maintain voting rights. The public is welcome to observe, but space is limited.